Wednesday, November 14, 2018

My Experience of Dashain Festival

During the month of Ashwin and Kartik (late September and early October), we all Nepalese people indulge in the biggest festival of the year, Dashain. Dashain is the longest and the most auspicious festival in the Nepalese annual calendar, celebrated by Nepalese of all caste and creed throughout the country. Although it is the festival of Hindus, everyone in the country enjoy this festival with equal enthusiasm and pump. It is one of the greatest and religious festivals of Hindus.

I also celebrate Dashain with very joy and happiness from first day to last day. Dashain is no doubt the biggest festival of the Hindus. The weather during Dashain smells of prosperity and happiness in life. The quality time I spend with my family during the holiday is very valuable for me. I do not like the sacrificing of animals and consumption of too much of oily and spicy food in the name of Dashain. As far as visiting relatives are concerned, what I believe is we do not need to wait for Dashain to be with those who matter to us.

First Day: Ghatasthapana
In preparation of Dashain, our house was cleaned and beautifully decorated.On this day, I helped my parents for sowing barley grass. I was very happy on this day.

Seventh Day: Phulpati
On this day, I went to village with my parents. We brought Phulpati inside the house. My grandfather made swing for my sister.

Eighth Day: Mahastami
On this day, my grandfather and father went to near by temple and sacrificed goat to goddess durga.

Ninth Day: Mahanawami
On this day, my father worshipped his motorcycle and I played  swing all day. My mother coooked different food items this day.

Tenth Day: Bijaya Dashami
On this day, I received tika, jamara and blessings from elders of my family. I went to mama's house with my parents this day only. I received tika, jamara and blessings from grandfather, grandmother and maternal uncle and aunt also. The next day of Dashain, I returned to Kathmandu with my family.

 Actually, I experienced that we should celebrate this festival to conserve our tradition and identity after celebrating this festival. I see many people these days are being extravagant in the name of celebrating this festival. It is must for us to think our income while celebrating the festival.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLOUD COMPUTING: A CONTEMPORARY TECHNOLOGY

Today's world is highly dependent or reliant on computers and the internet than ever before. With the passage of time contemporary techn...