Tuesday, October 30, 2018

My Experience of Tihar Festival



Tihar, known as Deepawali; Yamapanchak and also the festival of lights is one of the most dazzling of all Hindu festivals. We worship Goddess Laxmi, the Goddess of wealth or fortune. It is a five days festival which comes soon after the Dashain festival. This festival is all about worshipping of different animals such as crow, dog, cow and worshipping of the Hindu Goddess of Fortune or Wealth (Goddess Laxmi).
 
Kaag tihar:
It is the first day of tihar. On this day, I gave some food to crow and worshipped it.

Kukur tihar:
It is the second day of tihar. On this day, I worshipped street dog and gave some food to it.

Laxmi Puja:
It is the third day of  tihar. In the morning, cow is worshipped and in the evening goddess Laxmi is worshipped. On this day,  I went to the temple and worshipped the cow in the morning whereas I decorated my house with flowers, lamps and candles to welcome Laxmi the Goddess of wealth. I also decorated the ghada and knitted garland for my brothers. I made rangoli and illuminate it as well as  house with twinkling diyos.

Govardhan Puja:
It is the fourth day of tihar. On this day, I made sel and roti to help my mother. In evening, I wrapped kismis for my brothers and maternal uncle.

Bhai Tika:
It is the fifth and last day of tihar. On this day, I took bath early in the morning. I too helped my mother to make different items. I and my sister put a seven-coloured tika on the foreheads of our brothers and pray for their long lives and prosperity. We garland them and offered them good foods, sweets and fruits. My brothers too put tika on my forehead and gave me gifts and dakshina.

 Though Tihar festival is so useful; it is not free from evils. Gambling should be discouraged among the people. It is a blot on this happy day. Festivals like tihar are the only occasions for showing the social and religious spirit of the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLOUD COMPUTING: A CONTEMPORARY TECHNOLOGY

Today's world is highly dependent or reliant on computers and the internet than ever before. With the passage of time contemporary techn...